There are a number of things you can do to simplify the process, including defining financial parameters, potential neighborhoods and the desired features in your next home.
Do you need an extra bathroom, a garage, a fenced backyard, or lower utility bills? Do you want a fireplace, a short drive to work, or maybe minimal yard work? Once your list is complete, decide what is most important to your lifestyle.
Lisa & Susan’s Top Buying Tips
– Don’t buy if you can’t stay put.
– Start by shoring up your credit.
– Aim for a home you can afford.
– If you can’t put down the usual 20 percent, you may still qualify for a loan.
– Buy in a district with good schools.
– Get professional help.
– Before looking, get pre-approved.
– Do your homework before bidding